Kim little

Down to Earth Real Estate Advice


density and operations

So everyone is up in arms with the recent calculation that an upgrade to our sewer system will cost the equivalent of over $3850 per household! But people, lets be realistic. Our system is not adequate and we are pumping sewage into our bay. This is not a solution. The Councils have seen this coming and knew the state of our system did not meet current standards. This must be done and we must find a way to pay for it.
On another note The City of North Vancouver came out with a laneway housing stategy. A good compromise to not over developing lots but allowing some sensitive density increase and getting some rental housing back in our booming  real estate market.
In a nut shell the program does not allow for extra square footage- as in Vancouver city, rather you can use existing unused FSR in your lane house.
- a two-tier approach with 800 square feet, single-storey homes available through a faster process, and a longer more involved approval process with up to 1000 square feet with a one-and-a-half storey unit
- parking provided for both units on the lot
- minimum requirements for a lot; at least 3960 square feet and lot width of 10m

I will be meeting with Smallworks next week to discuss their projects as they have been a leader in this endeavor so far. I will keep you posted!
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.